Terms & Conditions
Schedule III – Voyager Fleet Card Terms and ConditionsIf Merchant elects to accept Voyager Fleet Cards, the following terms and conditions shall apply. Capitalized terms used but not defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have the means ascribed to them in the Agreement.
- Processor and Voyager Fleet Systems, (“VFSI”) each have adopted rules and regulations relating to all aspects of acceptance and processing of Voyager Fleet Cards (‘Voyager Cards”). Such rules and regulations, as amended from time to time, are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference and shall be referred to as the ‘Voyager Rules”. The current Voyager Rules are set forth in Section 5 of these Terms and Conditions.
- As a result of Merchant submitting transactions resulting from acceptance of Voyager Cards (“Voyager Sales”) for processing to Processor, Processor will process such Voyager Sales and credit or debit Merchant’s Merchant Account with the resulting proceeds. In addition, when a disputed transaction or chargeback occurs, Merchant agrees to provide all requested information to Processor and Processor agrees to forward such information to VFSI in accordance with the Voyager Processor is not responsible for the outcome of any chargeback.
- Merchant agrees that these Voyager Terms and Conditions are confidential and will not disclose them to any third party without the prior written consent of Processor.
- Merchant shall comply with the Voyager Rules as amended from time to time. Processor may amend the Voyager Rules at any Submission by Merchant of Voyager Sales any time after 7 days from the date of distribution of amended Voyager Rules to Merchant’s address, shall be evidence that Merchant has received the amended Voyager Rules and has agreed to abide by them.
2. Processing Restrictions Due to Third Party Providers
- Processor can only process Voyager Sales received by Processor, and Merchant is responsible for ensuring Voyager Sales are formatted and transmitted to Processor in accordance with the then current requirements of Processor and VFSI. Processor may increase processing fees if a third party presents Voyager Sales transactions not in accordance with the then current requirements. Merchant assumes full responsibility and liability for a Third Party Service Providers’ failure to comply with the Voyager Rules. Merchant is responsible for obtaining from the Third Party Service Provider any information needed by Processor. Merchant understands that disputes involving a Third Party Service Provider must be dealt with independently from Processor. If disputes are unresolved and relate to these Terms and Conditions, Merchant shall notify Processor at the address set forth below. Merchant must pay Processor pursuant to the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions regardless of any disputes Merchant has with any Third Party Service Provider.
3. Tax Calculation Payment and Amenities
- Tax Liability: Merchant shall be liable for the reporting, calculating, remittance or payment of tax, interest and penalties associated with the use of Voyager Cards at its location(s). Processor shall not be liable for and Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Processor, its parent, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, demands, or judgments, made or recovered against it, arising out of the reporting, calculating and payment of tax associated with the use of the Voyager Card at Merchant location(s). Processor may defend on its own any such claims or demands or request Merchant to take up such defense. In either event Merchant will further indemnify Processor for reasonable attorney’s fees or any other necessary expenses incurred by Processor by reason of such defense.
- Registration Form: For tax calculation purposes, Merchant shall be required to sign the Registration Form attached hereto and fully incorporated by this reference. Receipt of the signed registration form must be received by Processor prior to acceptance of any Voyager Cards by Merchant.
4. Voyager Discount Program and Discount Payment
- Participation in Voyager Discount Program: Merchant shall immediately notify Processor in writing if Merchant is participating in a Voyager Discount Program. Processor will begin processing the discount 60 days from the date Processor receives written notice of participation.
- Liability Related to Discount Program: Merchant shall be liable for the reporting, calculating, remittance or payment of the discount. Processor shall not be liable for and MERCHANT agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Processor, its parent, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, demands, or judgments, made or recovered against it, arising out of the reporting, calculating and payment of the discount. Processor may defend on its own any such claims or demands or request Merchant to take up such defense. In either event Merchant will further indemnify Processor for reasonable attorney’s fees or any other necessary expenses incurred by Processor by reason of such defense.
- Merchant shall honor all valid Voyager Cards for purchases pursuant to the Agreement. Merchant shall check the expiration date and any printed restrictions for both electronic and manual
- Merchant shall obtain a valid authorization for each Merchant shall bear all risks of accepting a Voyager Card without obtaining a valid authorization. If Merchant receives a decline, the Voyager Card shall not be used to complete the Voyager Sale. There shall be a $0.00 floor limit for all electronic transactions.
- For customer-activated terminals, Merchant shall pre-authorize the Voyager Card to VFSI with values indicating that the Voyager Sale is a customer-activated Upon approval, Merchant shall insure that the fuel dispenser authorizes for up to $150.00. It is the responsibility of Merchant to find a third party processor or system integrator that is certified by VFSI to process Voyager transactions.
- Merchant shall insure that all cashier-assisted electronic sales drafts and credit vouchers shall be completed to include POS terminal print showing the Voyager Card account name encoded in the mag-strip (if POS function is applicable), account number (if permitted by Law), sub number, expiration date of the Voyager Card, the signature of the authorized user, the transaction date and time, type of fuel sold, a description of the service rendered (if requested), odometer reading (as permitted by the electronic POS device), total Voyager Sale price, and the authorization
- Merchant shall not process manually prepared sales
- If there is a time-out or response message on the POS device indicating that the authorization system is unavailable, Merchant must telephone VFSI for
- If an electronic authorization cannot be achieved at a card-activated POS device due to technical difficulties, the Voyager cardholder shall be referred to the station attendant if during Merchant’s open business hours.
- Merchant shall establish a fair policy for the exchange and return of merchandise. Merchant shall promptly submit credits for any returns that are to be credited to the Voyager cardholder account.
- Merchant shall not give any cash refunds to any Voyager cardholder in connection with a Voyager Sale.